My Skinny Food + Skin Plumper!
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday My Friends!
How are you? I hope well.
Today, I want to talk about one of my summer obsessions and WHY I love it so much!
Yep, it is WATERMELON and it is my favorite skinny food. As a Holistic Health Coach, I am often asked what I eat on a daily basis and what are my tips and tricks to get skinny.
Now, I feel like I have to preface this with the fact that the Bliss Method is all about creating healthy SUSTAINABLE habits. It is NOT about getting SKINNY... but I get it.... we all have those days when we want to feel lighter and brighter and watermelon is one of those foods that does it for me! I also feel like it plumps up my skin and gives it an extra glow! Call me crazy, but watermelon is the BOMB!
Health Benefits of Watermelon
1) Natural source of most powerful antioxidants.
2) Excellent source of vitamin C and vitamin A (amazing for your skin!)
3) Loaded with Lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that fights cancer-causing free radicals and promotes cardiovascular health.
4) Rich in electrolytes, which is great for this HOT weather (and plumps your skin!)
5) Low in calories, yet high in lycopene, antioxidants, minerals, and phytonutrients. This makes it a nutrient-dense summer dessert!
Watermelon completely fills me up and keeps my sweet tooth in check. I have been having it almost daily during the summer months and have coined it my skinny food and skin plumper!
Below is one of my favorite summer salad recipes:
Watermelon Cucumber Salad
- 3 cups watermelon, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut into quarter slices
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- optional -garnish with a sprinkle of feta cheese and wedge of fresh lime
Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and toss until well combined. Chill in the refrigerator and let sit for 10-15 minutes so the flavors can marry together. Serve and Enjoy!
This is SO refreshing!
Now speaking of Watermelon.... I am a bit intrigued by this little gem:
Oh boy... this Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask looks pretty amazing! Have any of you tried this yet?
This luxuriously bouncy, breathable sleeping mask refreshingly hydrates, smooths, and perfects skin overnight with a revolutionary pillow-proof, transfer-proof formula. The oil-free, lightweight, glow-boosting hybrid is formulated with ultra-soothing watermelon extract, hydrating hyaluronic acid, and gentle AHAs that work while you sleep to tone and clarify roughened, dull complexions. AHAs smooth the surface of the skin by banishing dead, rough surface cells, clearing the path for ultra-effective, lasting hydration, while hyaluronic acid binds moisture to the skin for an incredibly nourished complexion. Skin is baby-soft and bright in the morning, effortlessly.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
I am thinking we need to put this to the test. Let me know if you think YES!
Okay, I am off to eat some watermelon and I hope you are too : )